For more than 40 years, Volunteer Fairfax has mobilized people and resources to meet regional community needs. As part of the HandsOn Network, Volunteer Fairfax focuses on connecting volunteers to meaningful community service opportunities through a range of programs and services designed to strengthen the capacity of local nonprofits. Volunteer engagement programs coordinate skills-based volunteering opportunities, board service for business professionals, one-off service projects for corporate employee engagement, and days of service such as January’s MLK Day and October’s VolunteerFest. Offerings are supplemented with professional development trainings designed to promote capacity building around volunteer engagement.
Nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status can join as a member of Volunteer Fairfax, with dues ranging from free to $150. Members gain access to programs and services, including volunteer and board management trainings, service projects, and highlight volunteer opportunities through the Volunteer Fairfax database. Interested in joining or rejoining Volunteer Fairfax? Click here!
- Staff with direct responsibility for volunteer engagement from nonprofits with 501(c)3 status
- Individuals, Families, Corporations, and Government Agencies seeking volunteer opportunities
Need Volunteers? Members can enter community service opportunities into the VolunteerNow! Volunteer Database and Volunteer Fairfax will match them with volunteers with the right expertise. Click here to check out the database.
Seeking Staff Training or Professional Development? Take advantage of low-cost bootcamps and workshops led by Volunteer Fairfax staff and consultants. More information about the Nonprofit Training Series can be found by clicking here.
Back Office Support
Award and Recognition Programs
- Fairfax County Volunteer Service Awards, a recognition of volunteerism in Fairfax County
Training and Educational Resources
- Nonprofit Training Series, including a Volunteer Management Boot Camp, Board Training, and Fundraising courses
Volunteer and Board Matching Programs
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January
- Fairfax County Volunteer Service Awards – Nominations accepted in winter
- VolunteerFest – October
Click here to see upcoming trainings and volunteer orientation!