DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
According to our 2018 Salary Survey, 60% of reporting organizations said that they provide a dental plan to their staff. Maryland Nonprofits’ partner, Gorges and Company, offers three plan options from two providers, with a vast network of participating dentists. Learn more about the plans offered below.
The Dental Network Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
• Plan 3
Click here to see the rates of each plan.
Blue Vision Plus will reduce members’ out-of-pocket costs at the time of service at more than 112,000 in-network locations across the country and online network providers.
Here are some highlights:
- CareFirst vision members are protected by fixed-fee copays for virtually all lenses and options in-network, whether locally or across the country, with average savings of 40% to 60% off of retail. The fixed-fee copays contrast with a discount off of retail, where a member has no price protection in a heavily marked-up industry.
- CareFirst vision members receive an additional $50 discount on frames from Vision Works (Sales Flash included). At Vision Works, the member would receive $180 toward any frame, instead of $130 in-network.
- CareFirst vision members can receive free frames from the Davis Collection (220 designer frames ranging from $95 to $195) at providers who feature the Davis Collection (a provider’s participation in the Collection is indicated in the online directory)
- CareFirst includes a free one-year breakage warranty on frames in-network. Members can simply deliver the broken frame (or the remaining pieces) for replacement.
- Blue Vision Plus members can receive discounts on hearing aids and a free hearing exam through Your Hearing Network as a value add, along with Lasik discounts.
Click here to see monthly premiums.