For 30 years, Maryland Nonprofits has worked to promote a thriving and effective nonprofit sector in Maryland. Maryland Nonprofits is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a statewide membership association. Nonprofits, businesses that serve nonprofits, government agencies, students, and individuals comprise our membership.
Benefits of membership include access to educational resource materials, discounted workshops and conferences, discounts on products and services such as liability insurance and background checks, and representation in Annapolis and on Capitol Hill regarding the shared public policy priorities of Maryland’s nonprofit sector.
We help the nonprofit sector by:
- Leading public policy advocacy, raising our collective voice for needed investments, governmental transparency, and community empowerment
- Amplifying the nonprofit sector’s voice on behalf of the people and causes nonprofits serve
- Growing resources for the nonprofit sector
- Conducting research about the nonprofit sector
- Operating the national Standards for Excellence program that provides resource materials, educational programs, and accreditation of nonprofit organizations that meet the highest standards of ethics and accountability.
We help our members: