Maryland Quality of Life Dashboard
About the Quality of Life Initiative
Maryland Nonprofits launched the Quality of Life Initiative to empower social sector organizations to play a larger leadership role, working with business and government, to define and drive toward a better future for Maryland. The Quality of Life Strategy Council established the intended outcomes of this work as: wellbeing, sustainability, equity, community and creativity. Based on these over-arching goals, the Quality of Life Data Subcommittee then identified 12 indicators and corresponding datasets by which to measure equitable quality of life in Maryland. To as great an extent possible, the Subcommittee identified indicators for each that meet the following 6 criteria:
- The data are intuitive and easily understood.
- The data can be disaggregated by county and/or race to surface cross-cutting equity issues.
- The data can be compared to other states and/or localities.
- The data serve as a “canary in the coal mine“—i.e., they are representative of larger symptoms and underlying issues.
- The data are collected on a consistent time frame and are released regularly.
- The data come from a credible and valid source.
Click on the icons to learn more about each indicator and view the corresponding data.
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com. Licensed by CC 3.0 BY.