The new year also came with the election of three new members to the Maryland Nonprofits board. We are so excited to see how their experience contributes to Maryland Nonprofits.
NEW BOARD MEMBERS
Erica Joseph, President & CEO, Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore
Erica joined the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore in 2003 and has served as the Foundation’s Program Officer, Development Director, and Vice President of Community Investment prior to her January 2015 appointment as President and now leads the operation, growth and development of the Foundation.
Erica holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Salisbury University and a Master of Science in Conservation Biology from the University of Maryland College Park. She is a member of the Board for the Maryland Philanthropy Network, serves on the Steering Committee for the Maryland Community Foundation Association and a member of the Leadership Maryland Class of 2019. She is also Mom to Andrew and Wife to Jeremy.
Kate McGuire, Chief Advancement Officer, Arc of Baltimore
Kate McGuire, CFRE, is the Chief Advancement Officer for The Arc Baltimore. Over the past 30+ years she has worked in development, communications, government relations, and volunteerism for organizations addressing disability services/rights, poverty, and nonprofit sector issues in Baltimore, Raleigh, and Miami. She is past-president of the Association of Fundraising Professionals-Maryland Chapter, a member of the Leadership Baltimore County program committee, and serves on the selection committee for the MD National Philanthropy Day Philanthropist and Foundation of the Year awardees. Kate lives in Baltimore with her husband and has two grown children.
Cheryl M. Thomas, President & CEO, Thomas & Associates
In 2005, Ms. Thomas established Thomas & Associates, a minority, woman-owned management consulting firm, that specializes in providing strategic planning, financial/accounting services, and business management solutions to for-profit and non-profit clients. She works with organizations to analyze the dynamics of their businesses, deploy innovative strategies, and adopt tailored-made solutions based on sound business and management practices.
Ms. Thomas has a Master of Business Administration from George Washington University, and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Xavier University of Louisiana. She is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Maryland and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and Maryland Association of CPA’s
2020 MARYLAND NONPROFITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Chair: Joshua Pedersen, United Way Worldwide
- Vice Chair: Kimberly Corbin, Greater Washington Urban League
- Treasurer: Philip Symonds, CPA, Comprehensive Housing Assistant
- Secretary: Carl Delorenzo, Howard County Government
- At-Large Committee Member: Violet Apple, Girl Scouts of Central Maryland
DIRECTORS AT LARGE
- Natasha M. Cavanaugh, J.D, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Richard Escalante, Baltimore Development Corporation
- Erica Joseph, Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore
- Grace Lee, Maryland New Directions
- Jennifer McGlothlin-Renault, Arrow Youth and Family Ministries
- Mike Mitchell, Mission Rise
- Rebecca Teaff, Redstart Creative
- Cheryl Thomas, CPA, Thomas & Associates
Find more information on our full board and staff here.