2016 Quality of Life Summit
Connect to Co-Create a Better Future for Maryland…
At the second annual Quality of Life Summit, nonprofit, business, and government leaders will gather together to strategize transformative approaches that increase quality of life in Maryland.
March 2, 2016
8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Heather Iliff, President & CEO of Maryland Nonprofits, will share details about the progress made during 2015 to set goals and agree upon common indicators of success.
Featuring three breakout sessions focused on collaboration and systemic change:
- Making Collective Impact Work: Learn about Collective Impact, explore some of the benefits and pitfalls of the approach, and discuss how to work strategically with partners. See some examples of where the Collective Impact approach has been effective.
- Community Empowerment: Learn how grassroots organizing engages communities and elevates their voices in determining policy proposals.
- Election Year Activities for Nonprofits & Building the Voting Power of the People you Serve: Understand which political activities are legal – and illegal – for nonprofits to maintain their tax-exempt status. Learn how to help your constituents engage in the political process.
Why you should attend…
- Meet and connect with other leaders working toward similar goals
- Contribute to the ongoing work to improve the Quality of Life in Maryland
- Take home concrete solutions for making collaboration a priority in your work
- Build your advocacy and lobbying muscle
- Learn about working across cultures and the demographics that divide us
Who should attend:
Staff and board members of nonprofits and community organizations, staff and elected governmental leaders, business leaders who want to connect their work to advancing the quality of life in Maryland.
|Follow Maryland Nonprofits on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Looking for a new nonprofit career? Follow @MDNonprofitJobs.