How to Get Started with Social Media
Guest Blog from Cate Cannavino, Redstart Creative
Social Media has quickly taken the place of various forms of traditional marketing, headlining digital marketing plans across diverse industries. Using social media effectively is an important component of building a strong brand, however, many companies have not discovered how to make the most of their time and efforts. Follow these steps to be sure you are engaging with your consumers and building your brand on social media.
- Set your social media goals. Before getting started with social media, you should first determine what your goal of using these platforms will be. Goals can include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Driving website traffic
- Improving conversion rates
- Enhancing visitor loyalty
- Determine the best platform(s) to utilize. Social media isn’t a one-stop shop and neither is your strategy for using it. To best determine how to use each, identify your target audience and which platforms they engage with.
- Develop a social media marketing plan. A social media marketing plan will summarize the goal that you have now set forth, along with the platforms that you choose to use, with the actions you will take to make them work effectively. Creating a social media marketing plan isn’t a requirement for all businesses, but to find significant brand development and harness the power of social media, you will want to make sure you take advantage of a well defined and thought-out plan.
Redstart Creative offers monthly packages to support your social media. Are your weekly posts taking a back seat to other priorities? Need help creating content to drive people to your website? Redstart can help you get started with their monthly Social Media Plans, offering custom crafted posts, recommendations on strategy, and monthly performance reports. Learn more here.
Follow Maryland Nonprofits on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Looking for a new nonprofit career? Follow @MDNonprofitJobs.