Formed in 1979, the Center for Nonprofit Advancement strengthens, promotes, and represents the Greater Washington Region’s nonprofits so they can meet the diverse needs of their communities. As an advocate and service provider, the Center has an extensive support network encompassing nonprofits, businesses, consultants, and government agencies. Trainings, certificate programs, conferences, and forums are designed to build the capacity of nonprofit staff at every level, and in addition, targeted advocacy to local jurisdictions highlights region-wide issues affecting nonprofits and the impact they have on the community at large.
Nonprofits can sign up as members of the Center to receive cost-savings and discounts. The Center’s 1,000 members have access to a wide range of benefits for their organization, including training and technical assistance, high-quality medical and supplemental insurances, discount saving programs, tools and templates, and more. Interested in joining or rejoining The Center? Click here!
Entry- to executive-level staff and board members of nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status, including any organization that has filed its Form 1023 with the IRS.
Need Back Office Support? Members can take advantage of steep discounts on medical insurance coverage, business insurances, and retirement plans. Click here to learn more about discounts that might benefit your nonprofit. Find out more information about the Center’s health coverage plans here.
Want Staff Training or Professional Development? Every month, the Center offers professional development courses and trainings on a wide variety of subjects, from H.R., to fundraising, to governance. These events can be found here.
Join Advocacy Efforts! The Nonprofit Public Sector Partnership Network, launched in 2016, supports engagement between nonprofits, elected officials and agency staff to position nonprofits as essential partners in communities across the region. Learn more here.
Need a Consultant? The VendorBank is a director of professionals, consultants and other businesses working with the nonprofit community. Please note that hiring of consultants should be done at your discretion, as the Center does not research or screen all aspects of vendor services. Check out the Vendor Search Database.
Back Office Support (Finance, Human Resources and Benefits, Technology)
- VitalHealth (health coverage: medical, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability)
- Group Buying Programs (non-medical based insurances and discount saving programs: Retirement plans, Liability and Commercial Insurance, Office Supply/Business Solutions discounts, etc.)
- Nonprofit Careers Job Bank
Consulting & Technical Assistance
Award & Recognition Programs
- Advancement in Management Award for outstanding achievement in organizational management.
- Excellence in Chief Executive Leadership (EXCEL) Award for outstanding leadership.
- The Phyllis Campbell Newsome Public Policy Award for outstanding partnership between public officials and nonprofits in their community.
- Board Leadership Award for outstanding service building and sustaining nonprofit organizations.
Office/Conference Room Rental
Training and Educational Resources
- Professional Development Courses
- Executive Leadership Institute
- Public-Private Partnership Conference, in partnership with the DC Office of Partnerships and Grants