Since 2008, Nonprofit Montgomery has been the collective voice of nonprofits of all sizes and missions with government, philanthropic, and corporate partners within the county. Membership is open to nonprofits that serve or do business in Montgomery County, Maryland and offers priority access to programs in leadership development, organizational capacity building and advocacy; the opportunity to connect with peer leaders, elected officials, corporate and philanthropic partners; and the ability to work with peer organizations to find solutions to issues that impact the quality of life in Montgomery County.
Nonprofit Montgomery also hosts Montgomery Moving Forward, a collective impact initiative that brings leaders from nonprofit, business, government, education/academia, and philanthropy together to focus on a key issue to improving economic opportunity in Montgomery County. The current focus is Early Care and Education. For more information, please visit the Montgomery Moving Forward website.
- Staff and board members of nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status.
Stay Informed: Nonprofit Montgomery works with its members to influence policy and create strategic partnerships with public officials. Through dialogues with the directors of Montgomery County government departments, and budget and legislative debriefs with elected officials, Nonprofit Montgomery is focused on county-level advocacy and government relations.
Develop Leaders: Nonprofit Montgomery trains nonprofit leaders and fosters peer networks through signature programs such as the FIRM Financial Leadership Institute, MORE: Metrics, Outcomes and Responsible Evaluation Training, and Tables of Ten cohort programs. Check out the events page for upcoming leadership programs and training opportunities, many of which are available only to members.
- Annual Director’s Dialogue with nonprofit leaders and the Directors of Montgomery County Government Departments
- Annual State and County Budget and Legislative Debrief with elected officials
- Candidates forums and regular visits with elected officials
- Nonprofit Montgomery Advisory Committee to Health and Human Services
- Tables for Ten with cohorts for Executive Directors and Development Directors
Training and Educational Resources
- FIRM: Offered twice yearly
- Nonprofit Montgomery’s MORE Program: Offered twice yearly
A full calendar of programs and events is available throughout the year. Click here to see professional development course offerings/dates!