Nonprofit Development Center
FREE RESOURCES, TRAINING, AND CONSULTING FOR SMALL NONPROFITS
If you’re in the early stages of running a nonprofit and need help finding your footing, look no further! The Nonprofit Development Center (NDC), sponsored by the Maryland Department of Commerce, is like getting the owner’s manual for your nonprofit organization.
JOIN THE NDC TO ACCESS FREE:
- 1-on-1 technical assistance from nonprofit experts
- Educational resources and customizable templates
- Workshops and training
- Development assistance
- Access to a network of nonprofit peers
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 727-6367 for more information about the NDC or if you have any problems accessing the program.
ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
What are the eligibility requirements for joining the NDC?
To be eligible to join the Nonprofit Development Center, your organization must meet the requirements listed below.
- Classified as a 501 (c) (3), (4), or (6) organization
- Operating budget under $750,000
- Less than 10 years old
- Located in Maryland
How do I join the NDC?
There is no cost for eligible organizations to join the NDC. To apply, submit an online application. After reviewing your information and determining your eligibility, we will send you a notification regarding your acceptance.
Why should members apply to the NDC?
Members have additional benefits as NDC participants!
|NDC Participant Benefits by Membership Type||All NDC Participants||NDC
|Online Member Community access||x||x|
|Free technical assistance via online portal||x||x|
|Free document downloads||x||x|
|Discounted and Free Classroom and Online Training||x||x|
|Free participation in Executive Roundtables||x||x|
|Discounted Annual Conference registration||x||x|
|Free technical assistance by phone||x||x|
|1-hour free consulting||x||x|
|Priority registration for certain programs||x||x|
|Free consulting engagement eligibility* (up to 20 hours)||x|
|Free Annual Conference registration*||x|
|Standards for Excellence Basics Recognition application & license fee waived||x|
|*Subject to limitations||x|
Once I'm accepted, how do I begin accessing resources?
Once you’re accepted, you will receive a welcome email inviting you to set up an initial appointment with NDC staff who will set up your one-hour consulting session. We will invite you to attend a welcome webinar with our Membership Manager who will explain how to take advantage of the benefits that the Nonprofit Development Center has to offer. You will also receive an invitation to log into the member community. There you will find:
- Immediate access to our member network newsfeed — an opportunity to connect with others.
- A searchable library of articles, educational resources, sample documents, and customizable templates, including all 27 Standards for Excellence™ companion resources.
- The “Ask a Question” help desk button, which links you directly to our staff for quick answers.
- Access to discounted and free member learning and networking events.
- The ability to extend the NDC benefits to additional staff and board members by adding them to your account.
What if my issue is really complex?
If you’ve got a complex issue you need help solving, and you are a Maryland Nonprofits member, you may apply to receive up to 20 hours of consulting assistance from the NDC. Nonprofits should be able to demonstrate that they have taken advantage of the NDC services available to them and should show how a consulting engagement will have an impact on their ability to achieve their mission. NDC consulting clients report improvements in morale, organizational culture, partnerships, board engagement, fundraising tactics, strategic direction, and more! The next application deadline is October 15, 2023. Apply here.