Maryland Nonprofits plays a leading role in conducting sector research across the state and Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. Our reports focus on improving the management practices of nonprofit organizations and raising awareness about the sector’s impact.
SALARY AND BENEFITS SURVEY
The 2021 Salary and Benefits Survey gives a picture of current employee compensation and benefits trends and practices in Maryland’s nonprofit sector. The report will help you establish salary and benefits packages for employees that are competitive and fair.
2021 Nonprofit Salary and Benefits Survey
ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL IMPACT REPORTS
Studies exploring the economic and social impact made by nonprofit organizations, their service demand, operational, and financial challenges, and the philanthropic activity within the sector.
Strengthening Communities: The Impact of the Nonprofit Sector on Maryland’s Lower Eastern Shore
Presented by: Worchester County Economic Development, The Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Greater Salisbury Committee, The United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore, The Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce, and The Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland.
In partnership with Maryland Nonprofits and BEACON at Salisbury University.
- Nonprofits on the Lower Eastern Shore have a total economic impact of over $695 million annually.
- The nonprofit sector supports over 9,200 jobs on the Lower Eastern Shore, making up 14% of the region’s total wages and 13% of total private employment.
Charles County Nonprofit Economic & Social Impact Study
Commissioned by the Charles County Charitable Trust
- The nonprofit sector in Charles County provides over 2,300 jobs and directly adds more than $23 million annually to the county’s economy.
- Rising demand for services: Nonprofits reported being less able to meet the demand for their services in 2017 than in the preceding year.
2016 Nonprofits Count Report
A joint report with the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
- Nonprofits employ 1 out of every 10 workers in the region. That’s almost 650,000 workers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia!
- Nonprofits in the region contribute over $112.3 billion dollars per year to the economy through wages paid, retail and wholesale purchases, and professional service contracts, contributing 12.4 percent of the region’s gross domestic product.
Nonprofits by the Numbers Web Portal
Maryland Nonprofit Sector Data by County.