Presidents’ Day Public Policy Highlights
Happy Presidents’ Day! Get the latest updates on Maryland Nonprofits’ Advocacy and Public Policy initiatives…
- To assist our members in communicating with the General Assembly, Maryland Nonprofits has updated General Assembly Contact Information Spreadsheets* available with rosters of the State Senate and House of Delegates, as they stand today. These can be used to prepare custom listings or generate address labels, sorted by committee, district, county or party, and include Annapolis office addresses, phone extensions and email addresses. Contact Henry Bogdan, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, for more information.
* The Excel spreadsheets will download as a file to your computer.
- New additions have been made to the 2015 Public Policy Priorities page, including positions to the Budget of the Secretary of State’s Office, Senate Bill 37 – Tobacco Taxes, and House Bill 41 – Immunities – Associations, Organizations, and Charities – Liability of Agents and Volunteers. More positions will be added as information becomes available.
- Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, Henry Bogdan, recently presented at the Human Services Coalition of Prince George’s County’s February Lunch & Learn at the North Carrollton Library Branch on nonprofit advocacy and the legislative process. In case you missed it, download a PDF version of policy priorities for 2015, and more.
- Spots are still available for The Advocacy Leaders Institute, connect to a cohort of supportive peers and learn the frameworks of advocacy! Learn how to advocate at the state and municipal level, how to influence the legislative process in Maryland & at the U.S. Capitol, plus much more… Contact Melissa Sines, Director of Education and Accreditation, for more information.
Join us for the Quality of Life Summit March 24th at the McDonogh School in Owings Mills, MD.
Start the new year with a rewarding nonprofit career, follow @MDNonprofitJobs