Established in 1956, the Foundation Center is a leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. The Foundation Center maintains a comprehensive grants database on U.S. and global grantmakers, and operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy nonprofit professionals at every level.
- Staff, consultants, and volunteers of nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status and social enterprises
- Entities that are in the process of being formed and have not yet received their tax-exempt status from the IRS
Get Fundraising and Proposal Writing Assistance: On-site courses and online webinars address fundamental questions and build skills of nonprofit staff, consultants, and volunteers skills. In addition to training, the Foundation Center provides knowledge-building tools, such as a grants database and library, at no charge. Click here to learn more about ways to participate in the Foundation Center’s programming. Popular trainings include Introduction to Proposal Writing, Introduction to Project Budgets, Introduction to Corporate Giving, and Introduction for Finding Grants.
Reserve a Conference Room: The Foundation Center’s multi-functional training facility is ideal for nonprofit groups seeking space for meetings, conferences, seminars, events, or other programs. Click here for rates and availability.
- Office/Conference Room Rental
- Meeting Space Rental
- Training and Educational Resources
- Grantspace trainings and classes (options for in-person and online)
- Foundation Directory Online, which includes 140k grantmaker profiles and 5.6M grant records.
- Foundation Research Databases, such as EBSCO Nonprofit Organization Resource Center, DonorSearch, and LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations
- A reference library and lending collection. The collection can be found here.
- Catalog of Nonprofit Literature
- Tools and Resources for Assessing Social Impact, a searchable database for impact assessment and tools to measure social change.
- Local Community Resources Database.
The Foundation Center offers various trainings and programs throughout the year. Click here to see additional course offerings/dates!