Employee Assistance Program
Maryland Nonprofits’ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – provided by BHS – provides employees and their household members with free, confidential assistance to help with personal or professional problems that may interfere with work or family responsibilities and obligations. Accessing services is confidential and easy. EAP services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Employees and their household members can receive up to four (4) counseling sessions (which includes assessment, follow-up and referral services) per person, per problem episode, per year. Additional Maryland Nonprofit EAP benefits include:
- Legal Consultation – Unlimited access to qualified attorneys in-person or via telephone per problem episode
- Financial Consultation – Unlimited, telephonic financial counseling, information and education with a financial advisor
- Childcare Referrals – Connection to pre-screened, up-to-date, national resources tailed for your specific needs
- Eldercare Referrals – Connection to pre-screened, up-to-date, national resources tailed for your specific needs
- Access to a web repository of over 500,000 resources, including articles, newsletters, videos, quizzes, tip sheets, trainings, calculators, forms, news alerts, health tips and more.
The cost for the EAP is determined by the total number of lives enrolled in the Maryland Nonprofits group and will decrease as total enrollment increases. Current pricing is $1.76 per employee per month billed on an annual basis.
EAP and Work-life Services Overview