The Mid-Atlantic Latinx Vaccine Equity Coalition’s mission is to get the overall Latino population of Maryland vaccinated. We are a hard working and dedicated coalition that wants to keep our fellow Latinos safe against the deadly COVID-19 virus.
MALVEC is not a coalition that is specific to one county, we cover all counties in Maryland. Our efforts are for the benefit of all Latinos in the state.
Latinos in Maryland
- Johns Hopkins University (Region: Baltimore City)
- George Washington University (Region: Washington, DC and Virginia)
- City of Annapolis (Region: Anne Arundel County)
- Maryland Latinos Unidos (MLU) (Region: Maryland)
Coalition Community-Based Organizations
- Center of Help (Region: Maryland, focus on Anne Arundel County)
- CASA Maryland (Region: Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC)
Lilliam Rivera-Mendoza – Baltimore County Community Health Worker
One Clinic, Many Results: Our community health workers address gaps in health care services
The link between hosting vaccine clinics at an elementary school and having a great community turnout is the eminently important connection that these institutions have with community members.
MALVEC Partners – Center of Help
The Center of Help has been giving back to the Latinx community in Annapolis since 1999. Their services have given Latinos the opportunity to get educated on learning, citizenship, and life post-education. The Center of Help’s efforts to give back to the Latinx community has been key to getting Latinos vaccinated during these dire times.